Vibration Analysis & Monitoring Services
As a quality service provider, Power Gem Engineers offer custom designed vibration analysis and monitoring support packages for companies, both large and small. Our client list extends from major blue-chip corporations to SME's across a broad spectrum of industry including power generation, food, chemical, pharmaceuticals and manufacturing.
Vibration analysis consists in listening inside the machine. Each component vibrates differently and generates a characteristic noise that leaves a typical fingerprint in the spectrum in the form of a linear pattern. If damage is present, the pattern stands out from the noise floor. This allows the specialist to recognize, for example, whether the problem comes from unbalance, misalignment or bearing damage. In addition to an accurate diagnosis it is generally also possible to determine whether urgent action is necessary or whether it can wait until the next scheduled servicing.
Benefits of Vibration Analysis & Monitoring
- Enables the identification of machine faults
- Provides information on root causes
- Localizes the affected components
- Optimizes spare parts logistics
- Allows early planning of maintenance measures
Methods and signal forms in Vibration Analysis & Monitoring
- often used for detecting the most common machine faults, such as misalignment or unbalance.
- Variant of FFT analysis used for machines with variable RPM; instead of the frequency, the multiple of the rotational speed (order) is analyzed in the spectrum.
- used for diagnosis of damaged gear toothing and roller bearings.
- facilitates the diagnosis of gear and bearing damage.
- suitable for analysis of the measured signal and for detecting beats and transients (random pulses).
- used for analysis of shaft vibrations - especially in shafts with sleeve bearings.
- used together with the FFT analysis to differentiate machine faults, such as unbalance, misalignment or loose part
- for identification of natural frequencies and natural vibrations in a machine or structure. Methods include impact tests, recording of the run-up and coast-down curve and measurement of the shaft bending lines.
Vibration Monitoring Services Offered
- We'll assess your plant and give recommendations and requirements.
In House Systems
- We can assist you in the best way to setup and maintain your own in house vibration monitoring program.
Vibration Monitoring Service
- Routine data collection, analysis and reporting carried out by us.
- We collect the data and we will analyse it and report back our findings.
- One off diagnosis and analysis of machine vibration problems.
- Vibration Analysis Service during first commissioning after erection & post overhauling.
- No matter whose product you have we can assist in setup and best practice.
- We can balance machinery in-situ.
- We can monitor for undesirable or excessive vibration during demolition / construction etc.